Sunday, February 18, 2007

Final Basketball Game as a Junior!!

I know it may seem like on every free blog, I write about something very depressing, but I really am a happy person. This just happened recently though and is very fresh on my mind. Friday was our area round of the playoffs and of course you have to win once you hit playoffs, or your out and your seasons over. We left school that day around 0ne. We left that early because we played Christoval in San Saba, which is a good two hour drive. We also stopped to eat a late lunch. Throughout the whole week I had been sick with strep, but it was getting better and I knew I would be ok to play. The whole way there, I was thinking that this could be the last time, I ever play with the people I have been playing with since I was a freshman. The majority of the people on our team are seniors, so the pressure was on. We arrive at San Saba and Kaley(a senior) and I were just talking about the game and the things that we knew we had to do to come out with a victory. Because we had left so early, we arrived around five and our game didn't start till seven. With the extra time we just practiced shooting on there goals and streched as a team. Game time finally arrived and the game began finally. We started out very bad, I think our nerves had gotten the best of us. We went into the locker room down by thirteen at half. Our coach gave us a pep talk and we were ready to play, knowing that this could be it. We Came out and cut the lead to four, but that just wasn't enough and ended up losing by ten or so. After the came we were all very upset. I know that we lost but even though our season is over and they will all be graduating soon. We will continue to remain friends and always be there for each other.

No comments: