Sunday, February 11, 2007

Had a Bad Day!!

While most girls are waking up to go get their makeup and nails done on prom morning, I was waking up in Brenham for regional finals track meet. I was excited knowing that in my three running events my time was looking good to qualify for state. I stepped off the bus thinking this was going to be an eventful yet exciting day. Little did I know, that this was going to be one of the worst days of my life. As I got off the bus my leg muscle pulled worse then I had ever felt it pull before. I kept thinking it would go away but that just didn't happen. I went to let my coach know and she started rubbing it, trying to get the knot out of my calve muscle. Unfortunately, it made the situation worse. I was detemined to run the 800 run, because I was sitting second. The first lap was very painful to run, but I was in first. I turned the corner on the second lap, but the pain was just to much to handle and I ended up getting 7th, which was devastating. That pretty much sums how my 2nd event went. I still had one shot to make it to state on the mile relay, but our first leg jumped the gun and we were disqualified. I left the track meet very angry but still had to rush home and get ready for the prom. I only had an hour to get ready once I got home. There was a lady waiting on me to fix my hair which turned out the complete opposite of what I was hoping for. With no time left I had to wear my hair that way. I rushed home and got dressed within thirty minutes, make-up and all. Once my date picked me up the night turned around somewhat but I sat at prom starving all night, selfconscious about my hair. I only hope my prom is better this year.

No comments: