Sunday, February 4, 2007

Speed Demon

One Friday morning I was in a rush (like always) trying to get to school on time. It was in september, which means it was still football season. Friday is the day we always have our football games. I'm a cheerleader so that means I have to wear my uniform to school for pep rally purposes. I was almost at school when I suddenly realized I had forgotten my pom-poms. So I did a u-turn and went as fast as I could, and went home to get them. I was running late, but I thought to myself I can still make it to school on time. I turned on the road in front of the school and was very excited I still could make it, I had one minute until the first bell rang. Not paying any attention to how fast I was going. I turned behind the school and looked in my rear view mirror and realized their was a cop sitting there. I was in a complete panic mode, but I still had this little hope that he wouldn't pull me over.I thought to myself I was going to school, surely he wouldn't pull me over. Sure enough he turned on his lights and pulled me over. I had only had my license for three months, my only thought was my mom is going to kill me. By then I had accepted the fact that I was going to be late to school, but that was the least of my worries at the moment. The cop got out of his car and came to my window, I tried crying but that failed. I waited in my car for five minutes and finally he just gave me the ticket. I thought to my self my day could not get any worse. I was putting my ticket in my purse when I noticed that I was stopped in a school zone going thirty-two in a twenty. Well although I am still alive, I think I learned a very valuable lesson....NEVER SPEED, no matter how late you are running.

No comments: